Monday, November 8

Spammers!

I found a new spammer scam thats sure to irritate the living s*** out of everyone.Spam Blogs!

All I can say is I hope they catch a tropical disease. I was using the next blog feature and I ended up on Spam blogs 5 blogs in a row. How does that work? Next blog rates blog by when the last post was, well, posted. So even though these spammers are posting in random intervals (about half an houre between posts), youre almost sure to end up at one given the large number of them out there.

Why do this? Search engines such as google rate sites by the number of links to a site, and you'll see each blog post the same link in each post. Google also rates blopspot pretty highly, given that blogspot is owned by google.

Evil. The worst is that apart from looking at blogs by hand there is almost no way for blogspot to get rid of these spam blogs except by restricting everyones access. Get the spam spray.

Heres a profile of a spammer.

9 Comments:

Blogger Gareth R. said...

On a nicer side of blog promotion I have found the site Blog Explosion to be extremely helpful in gaining hits to your blog.

The way it works is once your submitted blog has been reviewed by admin it is listed on a directory. When you start surfing other people's blogs you gain credits. The way this is controlled is that you have to spend a minimum of 30 seconds per blog. When surfing a bar appears along the top of the screen giving you some options as well as counting you down. Once the timer finished you have to click on a box with the corresponding number to that the banner gives you (this prevents programs doing it automatically)

The idea is very novel and 75% of the credits gained from surfing go towards your blog. The more credits you have the more people see your blog. The remaining 25% can be assigned for other advertising means such as a banner or entering credit sweepstakes.

Blog Explosion is an ingenious addition to the blogging world and I recommend every takes a look.

09 November 2004 at 12:49  
Blogger Richard said...

Hey, Im a complete traffic hound, so Im so there! ;-)

09 November 2004 at 13:39  
Blogger Gareth R. said...

Trust me, your traffic will sore. Yesterday I got over 100 different hits. My banner has had over 2000 views (even though only 100 clicks have happened) Just from "surfing" for a few hours while I do other stuff.

09 November 2004 at 14:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

07 November 2005 at 21:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I look forward to Your visit!

11 November 2005 at 00:30  
Blogger Iravan said...

Weird. I always thought the Rettop Method was the best for generating traffic. I am going to book mark this blog, nice topics discussed

By the way... I have a increase web site traffic site. It pretty much covers Traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

15 November 2005 at 13:33  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great blog here! I am going to bookmark you!
I have a buy web trafficsite. It covers buy web traffic related things.

16 November 2005 at 09:31  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! Searching for the keyword
traffic broker came across ur blog.
http://www.1st-choice-4-website-traffic.com
traffic broker

06 March 2006 at 19:14  
Anonymous Scott Arthur Edwards said...

Dear friend, Your blog is very interesting and well written. I feel like I have learned a wealth of information by stopping and spending some time here. As a way to repay your kindness, I have just decided to show you how to recieve about 397 dollars worth of downloadable gifts. This must be a limited time offer, as I don't know how much longer this exiting information will be on my website....Go and check out the opportunites I have for you. Your gifts are a way saying thank for your kindness and consideration.

To find out more, visit my idea for home-based businesses site. It successfully covers FREE information exposing FREE traffic and idea for home-based businesses related stuff.

15 August 2006 at 15:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home