Tuesday, September 14

The Horror

The Sunday Times runs this story at the top of its web page.

African Parliament to cost SA R61m
Hosting the Pan African Parliament (PAP) would cost South Africa R61 million for the first year, the Foreign Affairs Department said. Of the total, R18 million would go towards the institution's temporary accommodation as well as the construction of a more permanent building and offices at Gallagher Estate in Midrand...

I know. I know. The Costs! Horror! Its almost a cliche in South Africa that whenever the government organizes something the press is going to run a story on its costs. I think its diplomacy on the cheap. R61 million? Bargain. I'll take two of those!

If South Africa is going to take its rightful place in Africa, were going to have to pay our way. Given our situation in comparison to the rest of Africa that's going to mean that we should be paying a lot more than any other African country for the foreseeable future.

9 Comments:

Blogger lovetips2006 said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about based best business home online in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about based best business home online.
Thank you
TWP Admin

30 October 2005 at 16:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a web hosting directory site/blog. It pretty much covers web hosting directory related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

03 November 2005 at 17:12  
Blogger betterlovemaking said...

I enjoyed reading your blog. There is a lot of useful information about domain name web hosting in it. We offer Turnkey Websites and Reliable Hosting. We also provide a blogging service that will help your site get indexed fast and keep the search engines visiting your site. Click here for more information about domain name web hosting.
Thank you
TWP Admin

14 November 2005 at 16:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

Just thought I would check out your blog.
I am new to blogging. I hope you don't mind me posting to your blog. If you are interested in checking out my blog and making a post that would be great.

I have a hosting web window site/blog. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.


Thanks,
Ed

22 November 2005 at 22:28  
Anonymous host a website on your server said...

Hey!, Just browsing around for ideas for my new. (While we're at the same topic), I'm just getting started if you want to visit:
host a website on your server

Charles

03 March 2006 at 10:08  
Anonymous reliable hosting said...

You have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I can get you reliable hosting. All you need to do is visit my website.

16 March 2006 at 02:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://iilujoej.com/pjma/ziga.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://uqoaoteq.com/llvx/ndfg.html]Cool site[/url]

22 September 2006 at 06:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
My homepage | Please visit

22 September 2006 at 06:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://iilujoej.com/pjma/ziga.html | http://ukekbvrn.com/muei/zpuv.html

22 September 2006 at 06:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home