Wednesday, June 9

Buy Me

Absa is looking for a foreign buyer. As the largest retail bank in South Africa, one of the biggest problems ABSA has faced has been the low cash reserves the bank has compared with international banks.

Im sure its been irking ABSA senior managers for years. One of the most advanced and profitable banks in the world, yet the cash on their books is insignificant compared with the big boys. Im sure they've been asked whether its right for them to even call themselves a bank.

Well, dagnabit, if you cant beat them, you can have them buy you out. As a loyal ABSA customer I can only welcome this move. ABSAs profits for the last year has been obscene to say the least. If I had a better banking option I would take it in a New York minute, but the rest of the players in the market are either more of the same (Standard), hopped up on drugs (Nedbank), wishing they were never sold off in the first place (First National i.e. the old Barcleys) or so insignificant people look at you funny when you pull out their cards (BOE etc etc).

I tried internet banking for a while (Ican Online). I was very happy with the services they did provide (cheap, good interest, helpful, intuitively easy) but they didn't provide the services I needed (ATMs everywhere, Home Loan, someone to grouse at at least once a year).

So yes, please, wont someone please buy ABSA.

9 Comments:

Blogger Johnny said...

Hello, just visited your blog, it's geat. I also have a student loan consolidation program related blog with some useful articles about the topic. Hope that it is helpful to you.

20 October 2005 at 21:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Loan site/blog. It pretty much covers Loans related information. We provide online applications, business, residential, we do all loans.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

22 October 2005 at 06:30  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice cheap loan blog. I found this cheap loan site interesting. You should check it out... **LoanLearner**

22 October 2005 at 08:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey good post. Look at my site if you can. Thanks! ms money

23 October 2005 at 19:27  
Blogger Raven said...

Cool blog, i have a home equity loans site check it out here at home equity loans find out information that will help you when getting a home equity loans

25 October 2005 at 04:28  
Blogger BankingInformationSite said...

What a great blog post. Please visit this site about cibc banking online canada
at cibc banking online canada

16 November 2005 at 04:41  
Blogger BankingInformationSite said...

Once again you wrote a great blog post. Please visit this site on online banking new york
online banking new york

16 November 2005 at 23:54  
Blogger Paul Adams said...

Hello Friend! I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
I also have a web site & blog about credit center so I know I'm talking
about when I say yours is top-notch! Keep up the
great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!
If you have a moment, please visit my site credit center
Best success!

03 May 2006 at 12:13  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological world everything is existing on net?


Take a look at my homepage - chaupal.Biharfoundation.in

10 May 2013 at 22:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home